Friday, January 15, 2010

Countdown 365 -T15

Trip Mileage: 24.3 Miles ~Game Spotted: Seven Moose
Today, I took my normal trip from Anchor Point, Alaska to the south end of the North Fork Loop Road. It was noted that the moose are moving to lower elevations into the Anchor River Valley. I did see the first moose of the winter season in the lower Anchor River yesterday. At this point, I know that my chances of getting a trophy Bull Moose is diminishing rapidly as they will soon be dropping their antlers, if they have not already commenced the shedding process. The seven moose that I spotted today were all antlerless, however, none of them appeared to be bulls that had shed their antlers. I did spend some time today in an attempt to organize some of my photos into a usable format. While working on this project, I laid out the series of "Stone Sheep" that I had taken earlier. These pictures came out of a herd of Stone Sheep in the Yukon Territory. Although, I do not know if it is "protective instincts" but the big ram was the last one to move up the mountain and away from me. He remained close to me, allowing me to take a number of shots before he followed the herd to higher elevations. Perhaps, he was just wanting to brag about his size.
"Stone Sheep Family" ~ Yukon Territory

1 comment:

real eyez said...

I like the setup here. Will make for a good page in a book!