Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Countdown 365 T- 27

Total Miles: 57.4 ~ Wildlife: None
Just as I was preparing to go on an early morning photo hunt, I received a phone tip on the sighting of a Bull Moose in Ninilchik, Alaska at the intersection of Holly Street and Lingenberry Street. Diverting from my normal route, I and my "spotters" turned north for Ninilchik. My guide, "Susie" took me to the exact location of the sighting. Upon my arrival, I was fortunate to meet up with my "Cheyenne" guide. The "guide" had seen the bull and assisted me in trying to locate it. The "guide" stayed with me, going separate directions in an attempt to cut the trail of the Bull Moose. After making several attempts, the "guide" called off the search. I continued exploring the area in hopes of cutting his trail for another hour. The hunt was not successful, however, it renewed my hopes that the Bull Moose have not yet shed their antlers.
Ninilchik, Alaska ~ Russian Orthodox Church Overlooking Cook Inlet
"Closing Minutes Of the Day"

No comments: