Friday, January 1, 2010

Photo Treks

Starting out the New Year of 2010 with the "new" site, Photo Treks. It is my intention to record my daily "photo treks" whether they be in the local area or afar.
By years end, it will be interesting to see where my travels take me to find that "one" perfect shot and complete one of the items on my "Bucket List". January 1, 2010, started the year by taking the opportunity to make a short, local trip in pursuit of a Bull Moose, before they start dropping their antlers. Drove the south end of the North Fork Road in Anchor Point, Alaska. Total trip mileage was 26.4 miles. In the past week, the area from the Sterling Highway to Anchor River South Fork bridge has had a good concentration of moose moving into the area to avoid the snow at higher elevations. In the past, I have counted 6 to 10 moose per trip, including one small bull. However, on this trip I saw only two cow moose. Wanting to "shoot" something, I shot a cow.
Cow Moose ~ Upper Anchor River

3 comments:

Stan Harrington said...

Just a test run to see if this thing actually works. I also see where I need to do a little "tinkering" ~ where is my "professional tinkerer"?

Heidi said...

It looks good, you don't need a tinker. Maybe a wider side bar?

Stan Harrington said...

Yea, that is what I am talking about ~ but to do that don't I need to go in to the "code" and tweek some numbers ~ you know I do not like code ~ the lack of knowledge scares me! Or, would be easier to make the pictures smaller?