Monday, December 27, 2010

Alaska Brown Bear

In August 2010, I had the pleasant opportunity to be a guest at the Hallo Bay Bear Camp, situated on the northerly border of Katmai National Park on the Alaska Peninsula. It was an experience of a lifetime, to observe and photograph the largest members of the Bear family, the Alaska Brown Bear. It was the time of the season that they went about their seasonal salmon fishing trips. In a short period of time, they feed heavily in preparation of the oncoming winter months of hibernation.

Although, I was taking still pictures, I have assembled a number of them that I had taken in sequence into a video format for viewing. During my two days stay at Hallo Bay, with the assistance of our guides we were within 20 – 30 feet of some of these bears. It you have considered a trip to do some “Bear Watching”, I would recommend at a minimum an overnight stay. After my personal experience at Hallo Bay, I would strongly recommend the good folks at “Hallo Bear Camp”. They are true professionals in all respects. They are headquartered in Homer, Alaska.

The address for Hallo Bay Bear Camp is P.O. Box 2904, Homer, Alaska 99603. Their telephone number is 907-235-2237 or 1-888-535-2237. Their website is www.hallobay.com and receives email at hallobay@acsalaska.net

No comments: