Thursday, December 9, 2010

Alaska Brown Bear

Today, I spent the better part of the day cataloging some of my photographs. In reviewing my Brown Bear Photos from Hallo Bay, Alaska they brought back so many fond memories, thought I would post a few more. That particular trip was so rewarding, not only the opportunity to see the bears up close but to also learn a great deal when dealing with wildlife. I have applied the same practices that I learned from the experts at Hallo Bay in to other species with great results.
"A Old Brownie Taking It Easy In The Grass"
This particular photo, I was not aware of it until today, he is busy salmon fishing, but I am not sure if he was thinking of a salmon snack or if fishing was just boring to him. I was across the river from him, but the river is only 30 - 40 foot wide.
As the younger bears ran up and down the river trying to catch a healthy, swimming salmon, this guy was just patient and waited for the main run to start.
Although, this bear appears to be charging me, he is actually chasing a salmon but when you have a bear his size running, the water does have a tendency to fly. This time of the year, you see very few "dry" bears.
This good looking Brownie thinks he is late in getting to the fishing grounds, notice that he is in such a hurry that only one of his big paws is on the ground. They can cover a lot of ground in a hurry when they want to.

No comments: