Saturday, January 15, 2011

America The Beautiful

Where is the most beautiful spot in the United States? That is a question that I cannot answer. I have yet to find it! I have always been partial to the natural beauty of Alaska or the high country of Colorado. Then I discovered, regardless of the terrain that you are in, there is something unique and beautiful if you take the time to enjoy it. A classic example of that is the high desert of Nevada. A barren land, of sagebrush, rocks, and rolling hills developing into mountains. Getting off the highway system and exploring this area, you will be amazed at just how beautiful it is. The Canyon Lands of Utah, the scenery changes dependent on the horizon of the sun or as simple as a passing cloud to change the lighting. As well, I saw some beautiful country in the prairie lands of Nebraska, occasionally the landscape being broken by an old farm house, of some farmers dream. On a recent 14,000 mile trip, I did not take many landscape pictures, however, the scenery I saw remains imprinted into my memory.
First Picture On My Trip Mount McKinley (Denali) Taken From Cantwell, Alaska
Canadian Rockies ~ Jasper Provincial Park
Canadian Rockies ~ Jasper Provincial Park
Grand Canyon ~ Arizona
Grand Canyon ~ Arizona
Grand Canyon ~ Arizona
Colorado River
Canyon Lands ~ Utah
Canyon Lands ~ Utah
Canyon Lands ~ Utah
Canyon Lands ~ Utah
The last two pictures above were taken from atop the range of mountains that separate Colorado and Utah. This particular drive was one of those that I had to ask myself, "why am I this far off the main highway?" But the one lane, sand and rock based road was easy driving and no traffic to be concerned with. A beautiful area as you can look for miles across the plateaus.

No comments: